Thursday, November 15, 2007

Arise O' Sleepers.. God's got something to tell us!

The picture definitely isn't very clear but this is how messy my paper gets when I write. The regular camera for whatever reason wouldn't download the better pictures I took so I had to use my cell phone to take these pictures. Anyways... God's been speaking to me by putting all his thoughts into a creative format. This definitely is not my talent..
Arise, Arise...
“Arise, O’ Rise and wake up with the sunrise
Arise, Arise and set your eyes on the prize
Put pride aside and all fleshly desires
Take on my strength so you can walk through the fire
Awake O’ Child and get ready to pray
Because I’ve got something that I want to say”

O’ Lord, right now I’m just too tired
I don’t even have the energy required
To listen or even hear your voice
Or to raise my hands and choose to rejoice
O’ Lord, I know I don’t have enough of you
To make it through the things you’re taking me through
But why wake so early and pray
When I can wait till later today

“O’ Wake up and call upon my spirit
Before you get busy and are unable to hear it
Your complacency comes straight from the enemy
Awake your soul and choose to choose me
Stop allowing yourself to listen to your flesh
Awake your soul and command my spirit to be blessed”

Lord, you’re teaching me things I thought I’d never ask of
You’re teaching me of a greater love that comes from only above
You’re saying “Come read my word and see if it stands its test”
You’re telling me to put you first and forget about the rest
But how do I put you first instead of my flesh
So that you become more and I become less

“This is the fight that you’re called to fight
When you choose Christ and choose to walk in the light
Your flesh and blood and worldly desires
Must die and choose to look to something higher
And these things you must do and say
If you’re going to walk and choose my way
It is by my strength and by my mighty powers
That the enemy is completely devoured
And if you don’t learn that personally in your life
You’ll always be let down by your own might
You’re not called to understand my will
You’re not called to act on how you feel
Now stand and learn to take action
Where for the Holy Spirit you’ll become an attraction

So awake and rise with the sunrise
Arise and focus your eyes on the prize
Put pride aside and all fleshly desires
Stand and choose to walk through the fire
Awake O’ Child and get ready to pray
And don’t ask questions because I’ve got something to say”
-brandy-

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

and again, wow.

Chris and Jenni said...

Brandy,
How does next Friday, Nov. 30th sound? I can come pick you up if you need a ride. Give me a call.

Jenni

Elyxis said...

Wow brandy... this is really amazing! has anyone told you that you would be a good rapper :) but seriously, this is totally what i needed to hear today, thanks so much... thanks for listening to God :)

Anonymous said...

new stuff, new stuff, new stuff!

Molly Polly said...

Hey girl, haven't seen ya in a while... luv you!!!

Jennifer Eileen Lankford said...

Wow!! that's not just a gift, its an annointing! I think you said something about being back around the 6th, so I'll call you sometime after that so we can hang out...do you think I could somehow absorb some of your talents and coolness if I stood close enough to you?!!lol. love you Brandy, you're amazing as always.

Anonymous said...

Brandy,How often I wake up thinking of God and going through what you're talking about. Do I want to get up? Do I want to start my day with God right off the bat. You are giving me a message I needed to get going. Straight from God through you.
Gma